The Vaults of Ur, Session 2: The Mad House of the Mad Alchemist… of Madness!
Second session of Ur went like this. . . shit, how’d it go?
OK OK OK, it went like this.
Kris the fighter, one of the survivors of the first session, gathered together a stalwart band (Holy shit seven players! I’ve never run a game with this many people before. OK, shit, why not, let’s see what happens) and set off for the three-story building he discovered in the ruins last time. Along with him went:
- Kullpetal the Orc
- Thidrek the Beastman (though more a Sleestak)
- Nooquist the Sorcerer
- Goron the Stoop, a Beastman architect
- Father Karl
- And… Geh the Goblin-in-a-sack (as drawn by Jez Gordon)
Things that happened:
- Once again the flowers flew, only this time the party had sharp pointy seedpods shot at them.
- Seedpod riddled corpses are a good sign to be on your toes.
- Funky smelling rooms are best handled with oil, torch, and a prayer you don’t burn out the rafters and have the ceiling collapse on you. (Funky sounding rooms have yet to be encountered…)
- Slamming doors on the heads of giant insects will invoke a Ringo Starr reference from the DM.
Ringo Starr reference for the uninitiated:
- The door opens onto a corridor/10×10 room that looks like blah blah blah. You search and find nothing.
- The door opens onto a wasps’ nest. You set it on fire.
- These dead guys appear to have armor made from giant beetle carapaces. Loot!
- AHHH! It’s a shoggothy slime creature wearing a mask. Run away! or, Fight and die! or Fight/run away, survive, and loot the dead!
And that’s what happened. Kris and Nooquist got subsumed into slime. Everyone else survived.
Next game in two weeks. Maybe. I might have to reschedule.
I can’t imagine writing a report for every session in the future, but it’s fun for now.