Tag Archive | star trek: discovery
10 Hopes and Predictions for Star Trek: Discovery Season 2
I enjoyed the hell out of Star Trek: Discovery Season 1 even though it felt like four seasons squashed into one and had plenty of TV style whiplash plotting. My big hope for the next season is that there’s less of that whiplash and it’s more relaxed and introspective, which maybe about a quarter of season one was.
I’ll assume if you’re still reading you’ve either seen the season or don’t mind spoilers. Here goes:
- Michele Yeoh makes a better recurring villain than Q ever did. But hopefully she’ll be kept to a rarity as will the Mirror Universe in general.
- Please no holodeck episodes! Unless it’s all the main deck crew Ditmars, Burns, and the Android hanging out at the beach where they have a good time and nothing bad happens to them.
- In fact, a stand-alone episode that’s all about the background faces would be welcome.
- Captain Saru always.
- We’ll see Saru’s living quarters. You know he plays the harp like Spock.
- Speaking of Spock, he’ll show up, and his relationship with Burnham will be comically and needlessly melodramatic. He’ll probably be linked to those Vulcan logic terrorists and will be a man-splaing sea-lion with pointy ears.
- Ash will come back for an episode or two because a group of Klingons needs help and he only trusts Discovery. Tears and heartbreak will ensue.
- Harry Mudd will show up and do a bad thing.
- Doctor Culper will return as a hologram or god in the mycelial web and Stamets will need to deal. Tilly will help him.
- The spore-drive will get taken out of service and won’t be the magical device it was in season one.
We’ll see how wrong I am in a year or so. Feel free to make your own predictions in the comments.