Tag Archive | 10 bad habits
Is that the royal “we”?
- Narcissism and the abuse of the word narcissism.
- People taking a “break” from the Internet only to return 12 hours later to tweet what flavor pop tart they had for breakfast. Cousin to this habit is “I have awesome news but I can’t tell you about it right now” tweets.
- Writing advice from everyone who ever so much as received a C- or higher on an English assignment.
- Blog stats, circles, Facebook friends, and twitter followers allow us to quantify our attention seeking.
- Websites and the will to power.
- Pop culture references as social capital.
- Remember when you’d get angry at your boss or the service at a restaurant and go home and forget about it? Now, you’re likely to tweet it and write a blog post.
- The Pringilization of Everything and the intrusion of market values even deeper into our personal relationships.
- Limbic brain twitching masquerading as discourse.
- Lists used in place of actual content.